Tuesday 22 March 2011

ALMOST CAUGHT A FISH...


So, I was at church on Sunday manning my Sunday School registration desk.It was a hot day and we (fellow church workers and I)all needed cold drinks for our thirsty souls.

I volunteered to go purchase the drinks and after collecting the monies, got into my "AC -less" Honda (don't let me tell you the model!)and headed for the store.

Everything happened as it ought to: got the drinks, made sure they were cold, paid the mallam, got into my ride and back to church it was.

And then the action began:

I got out of my car and carefully balanced the polyethene bag of drinks on one arm while I tried locking the door with my free hand. But that didn't work out...

The polyethene bag gave way and my can drinks came tumbling down everywhere! At my feet, under my car, across the road...

Quickly, I started going after them and managed to pick up as many as I could. I watched helplessly while the rest tumbled happily across the road...

That is until this stud of a guy who was headed for his car turned back on seeing my despair and went after them. Like a prince in shinning armour, he brought back the "two flowers", oops, "can drinks" to me and made to kiss me...no! he simply handed them over to me and said "take it easy girl" though I'm certain it must have been "you're a pretty girl, girl!"

I willed him to look deep in my eyes and see what a wonderful mate I would make, that is until I heard that little boy shout, "Mommy, see daddy there!"

He turned, waved at them and made to meet them-his pretty wife, his cute son and the other lady who was most def the nanny.

I rolled my eyes.

I should change my department to ushering...

God, please keep me from lying to myself!

2 comments:

  1. hahahahaha. this is hilarious. all the best o!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloofar! You're laffing at me ba!Hope you had an agreable weekend?

    ReplyDelete