Monday 28 March 2011

THERE'S A RING IN MY RIVER


I know my posts have been mostly about me.

But there comes a time when you have to blog about your little sister.

Especially when she is 3 years younger than you are and she's getting married.

My mother gave me the news on Saturday.

It was all I could do to keep my smile long and real enough until my face hit my pillow and I let the tears fall.

I knew she was in a relationship...I just never knew how serious.

I know her boyfriend...I just never knew he'd be a husband.

Now he has a new title "fiance"; he earned it by the ring on my sister's finger.

The me that doesn't care about my singleness is happy for her.

The me that does care has cried a river already...

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! New to your blog. I completely understand how you feel. If it's any help: My younger sister got married way before I did and even completed her family before I started mine.

    But I won't trade my own unique experience, life or marriage with hers.

    The right time will come with the right man.

    Hope this helps. Chin up! and wonderful post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what MOH has said. Be happy for your sister. Through and through. Yours will come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, what blog theme are you guys using? It looks awesome!
    First-rate post I tend to be of the same opinion with nearly all of what you wrote. I would love to see new posts on this. I will bookmark and come back.
    I have bookmarked this blog because I discovered it distinctive. I would be really interested to know more information on this. Thanks!
    obst und gemüsereiniger

    ReplyDelete