Wednesday 23 February 2011

TONIGHT I WILL BE BLANK

I had another hectic day at work today.
My boss’ moods swing like a pendulum hung on the equator!
Somedays she’s in such a good mood you’d think she had finally found the cure to the eczema that plagues her face right out of the book of Exodus; and then the next day, she’d hit an all time low and you’d suddenly see little eczema spots peeking at you from beneath layers of MAC foundation.
Today her pendulum swung south and as such presented me with a terrible day.
I’m just going to go home, have my bathe and sleep…
Oh no! I have swimming lessons this evening but I really don’t think I can make it. Plus my swim instructor’s pits are so bushy they look like sea weeds in water.
Instead I am going to go home, try reading this book I borrowed from the library and then just sleep.
I WILL myself not to think about men today!
I WILL Not meditate on men today! Not in English, not in French, not in mental notes…
I will not dream about men today.
I absolutely refuse to!
No! Not even about the chocolate man with the British accent…

3 comments:

  1. "..my swim instructor’s pits are so bushy they look like sea weeds in water"

    You have an interesting way of describing things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girlfriend,
    The chocolate man with the British accent, hmmm, sounds sort of interesting to me. I love British accents. O.K. I admit it, I'm old but I'm not dead. I still like to look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Natural Nigerian: I visited your page and I can see you truly are a natural. I on the other hand fear I am a bit processed.lol. Thanks for the compliment!

    @ Exseno:Lol! That's really funny. With people like you, age is definately just a number! Me too, I love British accents!Thanks again for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete