Sunday 20 February 2011

WOMAN AT THE MIRROR



“Je me souhaite une bonne journee aujourd’hui.”
That’s French for “I wish myself a great day today.”
I’m standing at my mirror and repeating the words over and over again.
It’s my kind of er yoga; meditations…I’m looking at myself, willing self to believe…
“I wish myself a great day.”
“Today, I meet my husband.”
No, be more specific.
“Today, I meet a handsome tall man”
Ok, keep your options open…at your age you shouldn’t be so concerned about what he looks like!
But I’m not that old!
Yep, you’re so young; your 22 year old cousin got married last month!
Ok, whatever…
“Today, I meet a handsome, could- be- average- height rich man.”
What? Riches don’t only start and end at money.
He is also rich in ideas, knowledge, intellect…
“Je me souhaite une bonne journee aujourd’hui.”
I still can’t pronounce the words right but French is such a beautiful language I’d try anyhow.
Meditating in French kinda makes the whole “speak to yourself thing” more exciting.
And I think my french teacher is cute. He has a slight pot belly but his dimpled smile is amazing.
 And I kinda thought I caught him starring at me yesterday.
No dimiss that FAST! In my state, I’d swear even a lizard was starring at me…
Besides, Monsieur Jacque is not Christian. He is atheist…I want a Christian man!
“So today, I meet a handsome, rich, tall Christian man who would fall in love with me and take me home to momma…”
“Today, I’d dress gorgeously to work.”
For me, for him…mostly for him though…I’d dress gorgeously to work.
Afterall God helps those who do their part!

4 comments:

  1. ok, am hooked on this story. Now u have to keep them coming ;)
    ...and I don't care if you don't have time after work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bee!

    Are you back already? How was the honey moon.

    Can't wait to be in your shoes (and I hope they are pink)which is why I'm blogging out my frustrations.

    How do I get a man na?

    Love Adie (wink!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay found it interesting but could do with a bit more musings. Lovely read though. Bonne Chance

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I'm ur #1 (or maybe #2) fan.
    Great work girl- you inspire me to be more creative..........and enjoy being contentedly single. Much love.....more grease.

    ReplyDelete